Sunday, January 8, 2012

Badger Badger, Motherf@#$.

Thought for the day: Sometimes, God's in a funny mood, and you get to roll a natural 20 when it would be most epic.


Today was D&D. I killed a dragon with a badger.

This is mitigated by the following factors:
  1. Said badger was in fact a Celestial Badger, a bit stronger(but not much) than your average badger.
  2. The party tank had already dropped it down to only 1HP.
  3. I did not actually know that at the time, nor did I intend to slay dragon with said badger; the intent was to provide a distraction so the Sorcerer could fling off another spell.
Nevertheless, I turned to my dungeon master, with nothing but my remaining Bardic Performances and a Wand of Summon Monster I. The rough transcript is as follows:

"So, the limit to the wand is the monster only stays 1 round, right?"
"Right."
"But I can place that monster anywhere I want within the 50ft range of the spell, right"
"Right, so long as you can see it." (This last was in the DM's I-know-you-are-planning-something-and-I-am-intrigued voice).
"I can't see within the sleet-storm the cleric used to pin the dragon down, though."
"Yep."
"I can see the dragon's face, can't I?"

It came down to a roll of the dice. Anything short of a Natural 20 wouldn't make it.

And the Lord said...
And the LORD said...
And The LORD Said...
Epic Win.

Glory to God in the highest, especially in His aspect as Master of Probability.

Yours in FLAWLESS VICTORY,
Bill

5 comments:

  1. A) "I killed a dragon with a badger" is the best sentence I've read this year.

    B) Perhaps it's my lacking knowledge of D&D, but I still have no idea what you're talking about. Did you fling a badger at it's face or something? o_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less "fling", more "dropped", but yes, that's about the size of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And lo, the mysteries of the universe are revealed. I will be diappointed if you don't write fic for this :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing! "I killed a dragon with a badger" is also the best sentence I've read this year. Yay for EPIC wins in DnD! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Epic Wins in DnD. Got to love them. ^^

    ReplyDelete