Tuesday, January 10, 2012

An Embuggerance

Thought for the day: There are, generally speaking, two ways of dealing with a crushing blow: Despair, "Alas! My dream is crushed."; and Indignation, "I BEG your pardon?! Crush MY dreams? Oh, I don't THINK so sir!"

So, last night I didn't post. The reason is that I didn't get the Google BOLD internship. Alas. So, yesterday I spent much of the morning and afternoon feeling sorry for myself.
And then I thought, you know what? F@#$ this shit. I'm going to find ANOTHER internship out in California for the summer, one that pays anywhere-from-nearly-as-well-to-just-as-well,-because-there's-not-a-lot-that-pay-better.
So I spent the night applying for internships instead. I applied to about 3 so far; one with Adobe(HR and Marketing), one with a pharmaceutical company(HR dept), and one with LeadAmerica (Team Leader position).

And today? Nothing happened. Sooo....Peace out, and wish me luck.
Bill

2 comments:

  1. Huggles <3

    You have bigger dreams than Google =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry the Google internship didn't work out. Just remember there's a reason for everything. :) *hugs* No more despair (unless you REALLY need to). Just keep looking forward. It'll work out!

    ReplyDelete